Droid1 dies over night

Last Updated:

1. ricksievers

ricksievers Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Its doing it again, last night I powered off my Droid with 50% battery left at 1 am and this morning at 8 am I powered up my phone and it was at 5% battery. Seven hours on off. I hope the replacement doesnt have any issues.

Advertisement
  2. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

The only bummer is they make you use your same battery. If it does it after the replacement you might want to get a new battery out of them :D

3. jmack356

jmack356 Active Member

I just got my Droid in June. I immediately noticed something similar, I could charge the phone to 100% and switch it off for the night. When I turned it back on in the morning it had dropped to 60-70%.
    I took it back to Verizon and they gave me a new battery (to try the easy fix first). Had that not worked they were prepared to replace the phone.
    No need. The new battery did the trick, now I can use it all day and still have 80% left at night.
    And my battery life actually improved with Froyo...

4. ricksievers

I have 2 batteries, happens with both. Motorola gave me the second battery when this problem first happened. With Froyo, my phone gets real hot and eats battery like crazy.

5. patch

patch Well-Known Member

It sounds like you have an application that's misbehaving and eating your battery when your phone should be sleeping like you :)

Get Spare Parts from the Market. Then go to "Battery history".
    Switch the first dropdown to "Partial wake usage".
    Switch the second drop down to "Since last unplugged".

Please report back what you see on the list, best to do it after your battery is nearly dead, maybe first thing in the morning.

KittenHoarder likes this.
  6. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

I've had that happen once before. If I need the phone to sit overnight, I just put it in airplane mode. Otherwise, it's on the charger. However, since Froyo, I haven't had the battery drain issues that others have had. One thing that's helped was to NOT kill apps. Froyo has a provision in it to prevent app killing. If you must FC an app, go to manage applications. Otherwise, the system will just re-start the app, which may include a re-sync. I would also check what kind of signal you are getting. If you're not able to get 3G, the 1x signal will drastically drain your battery. In those cases, again, I switch to airplane mode. Otherwise, I don't have any weird drainage issues with the battery.

7. ricksievers

This morning it went from 50% last night to totally dead this morning. I have great signal strength.