Droid2 Car dock

Last Updated:

1. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I purchased the new DROID2 car dock yesterday for my DROID, and WOW what an amazing impovement. Just in asthetic terms alone, the new dock is much more solid looking. The suction is stronger as well. The phone does not "bounce" at all on bumps and stays in place very nice and secure. I also like how the charger plugs into the dock, instead of the phone itself.

Advertisement
    johnlgalt likes this.
  2. Mrwirez

Mrwirez Well-Known Member

Also works with original Droid! It comes with a clip to hold "audio out" wire, and the dock itself is always powered, not the phone. The super nice thing is... It will work with a hard plastic case!
    A great update for the car dock. Much nicer than my original Droid car dock. I think I am getting it.
    YouTube - Motorola Droid 2 Car Dock Review

johnlgalt likes this.
  3. loomer

Yup! I thought I had made it clear that I purchased it for my DROID.. But maybe not..

4. DLM

DLM Well-Known Member

i like it, its nice

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

When I re-read your post I saw you mention the DROID, but I was reading so fast I initially did not see that you had bought it for the DROID.

I am definitely getting one and selling my old one on eBay lol....

6. Mrwirez

Mrwirez Well-Known Member

my bad

7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

OK, I just watched the video. The guy says that the arm and suction cup are the same as with the original dock - so I am not sure the suction cup is really any better.

I am going to find out if I can get one for further testing - I like the cable binding and such, but my biggest issue is that I have now moved my current dock to above my rear-view mirror and that clipping method used to put the phone in the holder just isn't gonna work for me at all now - my DROID is slap up against the ceiling of the car, (and out of the sun, keeping it tons cooler than when it was in the windshield and thus direct sunlight) so I have to think about whether I want this or not.

Oh, hell, I know I want it - even with my current positioning - I'll have to work something out or else reposition again lmfao....

8. loomer

It may function in the same way, but it is not exactly the same. The lever that makes the suction cup 'grab' onto the window is different. And that is the feature that was not good on my old dock. There is more resistance when you push the lever closed on the new dock, making it a much stronger suction.