Droid3 Takes 20min+ to BootSupport

Last Updated: 2013-01-06 21:06:03
  1. oddi_t

oddi_t New Member

As the title suggests my Droid 3 is taking a really long time to boot. It hangs at the Motorola logo screen for a good 20min or more before continuing on to the Droid eye and booting normally.

I took it to the Verizon store and they did a full factory reset but it didn't fix the issue. I've also tried restarting both with and without the SIM card and my micro SD card installed as well as while attached to the power cord, but none of that has helped.

The issues started earlier today (around 4pm) after I plugged my phone into my computer. After plugging it in, the computer wouldn't recognize it had been connected. Thinking it was an issue with my phone, I restarted it. That was the first time it got stuck at the Motorola logo and it has been doing it ever since. I don't know if that's related to the issue in anyway but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Also, the phone is not, nor has it has it ever been rooted.

The phone is under warranty but I'd like to see if anyone has an idea of how this might be fixed before I give up on it and pay the $99 deductible for a replacement.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

My guess: the flash storage is having a problem; something like a bad sector on a hard disk. If the bootloader was not locked, you may have been able to run a utility to mark the sector bad. Unfortunately, that's not possible with the D3.

When you did a factory reset, did they also choose to format the internal storage? If not, you could try that (menu->settings->storage->format internal storage). Try booting with the storage empty before you copy any files back.

But, if that doesn't help, I'd suggest that you get the warranty replacement.
  3. oddi_t

oddi_t New Member

They did not try reformatting the internal storage. I just tried that, but it unfortunately did not solve the issue. Thank you for the suggestion though