DroidCam 1.5/6 Beta Testing

Last Updated:

1. dev47

dev47 Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know if you've heard of DroidCam .. but it lets you use your phone as a webcam. Currently its only available for Android 2.0+ devices.

As I continue working on improving the main version, I would like to test a 1.5/6 compatible version in the wild. The main problem is a big flaw in the Android Camera API -- apps Force Close when accessing the camera with wrong resolution settings (which vary from phone to phone :rolleyes:). What I'm looking to get out of this, is what resolutions work for which phones, and the amount of work/time it takes to figure out what resolution works.

Cheers!

EDIT: See my post at the bottom!

Advertisement
  2. chronos

chronos New Member

Hey,

I would be interested in beta testing, but as i wrote in your forum (FAQ) i cannot find this app on the market.

Using Ubuntu by the way.

Chronos

3. lexcoupe2100

lexcoupe2100 New Member

This worked great first time I used it with my Hero but ever since the update it will not connect, any ideas? I have same settings.

4. lexcoupe2100

lexcoupe2100 New Member

I think I just read that I must udate my windows module as well and I havent done that, I will try that when I get home, thanks. Keep it up this is awesome.

5. C0ldtrain

C0ldtrain New Member

Pm sending, i would greatly appreciate this, and would love to help in the production of this great app for olderr androids! i just got an HTC dream, rooted and flashed to 2.3! but it bricked :( when i got back i got a new HTC dream, but... the person before updated too 1.89 :'( no rooting for meee, soo need my favv apps back :D

6. dev47

dev47 Member This Topic's Starter