DroidMod more interested in......

Last Updated:

1. snake_fist_gung_fu

snake_fist_gung_fu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Updating there website then updating there Roms? 1.0 runs great and thats prob why I have stuck with it but it feels like the last time they released a Rom was like last year.

Advertisement
  2. sukanas

sukanas Well-Known Member

LOL yeah, their website keeps updating about their website being updated, LOL.

i went with pete's bugless .8 so that i could go w/ 2.1 OS. but when droidmod comes out w/ 2.1, i wont mind trying it out.

3. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Yes they were the first ROM I flashed Sholes eased me into modding and I am grateful. I do look forward to their next release but let them do it when it is ready, not to one-up the rest of the pack in the ROM races (some of these daily releases with no real changes are getting kind of tiresome). The hype on their site is also getting a little absurd but hey, whatever floats their boat. The proof will be in the end-product. I have no loyalty to any one developer (I have supported them all either through direct donations or purchasing their software). Call me fickle, but my allegiance is to whoever has the best product at the moment. Just my 2 cents...

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I agree let them do their thing especially if they are really building from source. The vast majority of their forum users worship them its really funny. Anytime another rom is even mentioned there they try to smite the op

5. shrink57

Yup. Folks nead to remember, it's a PHONE - not a RELIGION :eek:

6. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

Lmao, I know! You mention anything but DM and you better what out because they'll hunt you down! They all just don't know how to flash another ROM so they just think it's the best thing.. whateverrrr... :rolleyes:

7. shrugger

shrugger Member

Agreed. I loved it, but just moved from DM to Simply Stunning, and I really can no longer say why I was trying to maintain some allegiance to DroidMod. SS is a much better experience than I was having with DM. Especially now that the DM team is ragging on all ESE53 implementations, I doubt they'll be releasing anything I want to go back to anytime soon (though I'm eternally hopeful!).

8. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

I think they are busy coming up synergies between creating roms and aligning the cosmos! They are but merely mortals building off of the work of the lord and savior! I'm still laughing about this: The state of affairs as seen through my eyes, a look on what?s going on.

Don't get me wrong...I appreciate their work (even though I have never been a sholes or droidmod rom fan), I just think that some people are taking things just a little too seriously.

9. snake_fist_gung_fu

LOL I think your right on that one. Last time I spoke to one of there mods I offered to donate and he seemed offended by that. Never had that happen before. :confused: Looks like if it keeps going this way Im gonna have to get off my lazy butt and flash Petes.

10. sukanas

sukanas Well-Known Member

actually, now that i think about it, droid mod was only released 3 weeks ago and it still works great. dont you guys think were asking too much and that were just phone geeks w/ no life? (including me)

11. jackburnt

jackburnt Well-Known Member

I have flashitis. If there's an update, I have to flash it.

Thankfully, SS 2.0.3 is a good prescription (much like cowbell). I've stuck with it for longer than any other.

When DM is updated, I'm sure I'll try it too.

12. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

What's SS 2.0.3?

13. shrink57

14. snake_fist_gung_fu

Everyone else has a 2.1 build except DM. Thats more the prob then anything else.

15. Anonimac

Anonimac Your mom goes to college. VIP Member

It's the age old dilema about how often you release news, information, new products, etc... I was on DM, went to BB, and can't imagine a reason to go back...

As they say...who cares about the answer if you can't remember the question.

16. viomonk

viomonk Well-Known Member

I will have to disagree, The Droid is a religion, and i am definitely a Droidite.

17. Barkleyfan

Barkleyfan Well-Known Member

Wow. Is there an app for that?

18. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

i am a customer, droid is selling me right now. thats all. and I go with what works for me, tried as many roms as many of you. I am liking koush/cyan mod right now

19. gotwillk

gotwillk Well-Known Member

I feel like sholes and droidmod were starter roms for me. like training wheels into the world of rom flashing. I'm grateful for them putting in all their hard work to finally allow me to flash my first rom, but after that I started reading up about all the other stuff and 2.1 and finally landed with petes BB.

I think ill stick with pete from now on and ill let my sister use droidmod because she's already used to their interface. I showed her all the stuff I had to do to get petes bb working just the way I like it (coming from a 2.0.1 rom) and she got scared lol.