droids w/ different size screen bezels

Last Updated:

1. zim2704

zim2704 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so has anybody heard or experienced their droids screen to be a different size than others?

I have two motorola droids and after purchasing some snap on hard cases all of them do not fit mine but they fit the wifes just fine. After very close side by side inspection the only thing that I could see was the bezel around my screen has a steeper angle than hers causing the front part not to clip.

Question is if I take mine into a verizon store and show them either by the cases already purchased or ones in the store that they don't fit do you think they would warranty replace it?

Advertisement
  2. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

Are you sure that neither of you or your wife have a Droid 2?

I've never heard of the D1 having different bezels. Go ahead and try to get VZW to look into it. It couldn't hurt.

Get back to us and tell us how it turns up!

3. zim2704

zim2704 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yea I'm 100% that we both have original droids...lol....I may not know how to write programs but I'm not new to the phone game.

After closer inspection I noticed as well as my wife did that my edges are more rounded.....it is a refurbished replacement so I wonder if it had a differeent screen installed.

4. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

No new screens were done on the D1, but refurbs for the D1 are notorious for being crappy. Get it replaced QUICK.

I once saw a poster on here that got a refurb that was literally BENT. Like, had a curve along the back of the device like it was sat on!