Droids with a pre paid plan?

Last Updated:

1. yaycupcakes

yaycupcakes New Member

I have a prepaid plan with Verizon ($20 a month for unlimited texting and I pay for whatever minutes I use, since I usually use less than 25 minutes a month), but I've been using my old enV2 since I switched to this plan. I was thinking of changing over to the $50 a month unlimited thing, but it depends on which phone I get. I have 2 phones availale to me (both Droids, one's an Eris, and I think the other is an a855). Can I used either phone on the plan I have or the $50 one?

2. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Highly doubt you'll be able to activate any kind of smartphone on a prepaid plan. If that were the case we'd all be doing it instead of paying $100+ a month for voice plans and data packages. When you go prepaid you are limited on the phones that you are allowed to use. If not Verizon would be losing a ton of money.

Visit this link here and you'll see by clicking under the $50 unlimited prepaid section there's only like 5 phones that come up that you're allowed to use and they're all basic.

Towards the right of the screen you'll see there are prepaid options that allow smartphones but they certainly aren't the $20-$50 type plans.