DroidX acting flakySupport

Last Updated:

1. Swiftman

Swiftman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 15, 2010
    The past week or so when I press the home button, there is a very noticeable lag. When I slide my finger to unlock it may take 15-20 seconds for it to actually unlock. Applications wont respond, which forces a battery pull.

In some cases I've had to perform a battery pull multiple times in a 20 minute period. Same symptoms... batt pull again.

I've had this happen mutiple times on different days and is getting quite annoying. Anyone else running into this... and find a resolution?

Any help or ideas appreciated.

2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    I'd clear the cache partition in recovery (or install a cache clearing program if you're rooted) and see if that helps.

A harsher fix would be to backup your settings, install appbrain from market and log into appbrain.com so you can easily restore your stuff and do a system reset (which gets you back to the same state as a new phone), but that's a lot of work.

Do you use a custom launcher like Launcher Pro? If so, did you get rid of the apps on your old desktop? If so, these would still be running in the background.