• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DroidX cannot start

weiselmm

Lurker
Jul 1, 2011
Please help. My DroidX will not get past the M logo. The Droid firestorm animations appears and then the phone attempts to reboot again, continuously. I have tried to reboot by removing the batter, and have also let the machine reboot itself for over an hour with no change. The phone is therefore unusable in its current state.

I followed directions I saw posted in order to access the system recovery menu, where I wiped the cache partition and rebooted, but no changes. Do I have any other options in order to attempt a recovery without having to wipe all data and perform a factory reset? I wish to avoid the royal pain of having to reinstall and reconfigure everything, if at all possible.

I have had my DroidX for about nine months. Have only had issues with poor batter life (always have to carry a spare in order to make it through the day without having to charge).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones