• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DroidX-Can't get K-9 Email to Push Emails and give me auto notification

award2010

Lurker
Sep 6, 2010
My husband and i just got Droid X's.

We have a business with a website and associated webmail. Our email address is an IMAP account created by our website developer.

After trying to configure the embedded mail program, we installed K9 based on a lot of good reviews on this site.

We've got it working, the only issue is we can't seem to get it to automatically notify us when a new email comes in as the phone does with Gmail. The notification doesn't come in at all - you have to go into K9 and "Get Mail".

We have it set to sync all folders.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Did you set it to poll the mail. If your mail supports idle imap push, don't set any polling frequency. It will automatically push. If your mail does not support the idle imap, then set it to poll.

Also did you turn off other email apps that are using the address? Do you have an email app or an gmail app that is running/polling the same email address?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones