1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

(DroidX) Is there a way to force the browser to open the regular facebook?

Last Updated:

1. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Instead of the mobile version? I figured since froyo has flash, that facebook might be fully functional, but it always opens the damned mobile version, instead of the full main pc version.

Advertisement
  2. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member

I have not been able to figure this out either, but! What I do is scroll to the bottom of the mobile site and click the link for FULL SITE. Now, I never bothered to bookmark that particular link, but you might try that.

I do wish there was a way to default it when clicking links in email thoug. That, I am still struggling with.

3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

On any Android device, set the user agent to desktop (option may be hidden in the stock browser) and you'll get the full site.

Download one of the other browsers that allow you to set the user agent (and retain the setting). Set it as the default browser.

4. Gareee

Odd.. the reply to this isn;t showing up at all.. I never noticed the full site link at the bottom of facebook.. looks like most things work in froyo, but chat is still busted.. it opens and immediately closes the keyboard/text entry.

Same issue with dolphin as well.

I don't see a user agent in the droid x browser settings anywhere at all.

5. Sulfur

Sulfur Well-Known Member

Type "about:debug" into the browser, without the quotation marks of course. Then go to settings and scroll to the very bottom. There you'll see UAString, it is the option you're looking for. I'm not a facebook user however, and have no idea if that will resolve your issues.

OstrichSaK likes this.
  6. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

Thank you! This is what I've been looking for for some time now. Dolphin got too bloated and slow plus they took away a couple key features that I had come to love so I went back to the stock browser and that is the only thing I missed about Dolphin because you could go into settings to adjust this. I didn't think it existed in the stock browser but reading this was a HUGE help for me. Now the stock browser is finally all I wanted in a browser. Thanks again!

7. Gareee

That did allow me to load the full page, but facebooks crappy coding still does not allow its chat to work in smartphones. 8(

Still, at least I can read it as usual.