DroidX Newb - advantages to flashing a ROM

Last Updated:

1. gadgetmom88

gadgetmom88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I root all my phones for various reasons, and have flashed ROM's before on the original Droid. On that device there were clear reasons to flash ROM's and since the community was ginormous, there was lots of information about the stability of various ROM's. So I'm new to the DroidX and wondering if there are any stable ROM's out that might be worth loading up (for fun and for performance boosts - not necessarily speed). I use my phone as a primary phone for work and home, so it has to be stable. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

Personally I love apex and am now running rubix 1.6 which is awesome as well ...you may also want to try Chevyno1ssx 1.0 rom as it allows you to pick and choose what blur you do and don't want ....all very good roms....Wecome to the x community where everyone is friendly and very helpful!

gadgetmom88 likes this.
  3. gadgetmom88

I should mention I have absolutely no affinity for Blur at all - I run LauncherPro on every Android device I use.

4. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

I like Fission. It has removed all the blur that can currently be removed. It is wicked fast and the battery life is freaking uhmazing. It has been really stable for me. I get a performance increase running stock clock speeds with ULV. The ONLY thing I'd have to say is the downfall to the ROM is the lack of themes. There should be a lot coming soon but as of now not many. Hope that helped.

gadgetmom88 likes this.
  5. gadgetmom88

Fission sounds cool. I'll try it. Can I still use LauncherPro with it? I'm ok with no themes as long as that will run.

6. Aggie12

yeah you can use LP on Fission. and I just saw on their thread over at XDA that 2.1 is being released on monday. So I dunno if you would want to wait until then? or just install one of the current ones out. I'm currently on RC3 and it's very nice. :)

Just be sure to follow installation instructions to the T. if not you might have some FCs and other stuff might not work. It is well worth it though.

7. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

Wow 2.1 will be tempting lol...im on rubix 1.6 now and love but will be checking this out!

8. Aggie12

2.1 is here now! I made a thread concerning the topic. Go check it out!