• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DroidX nightmare

nphillips81

Lurker
Dec 28, 2010
Hi, this is my first forum thread so I'll try and make it quick and to the point. I purchased the original Motorola Droid (Verizon) 1 year ago. I love the phone, the apps and the features. When my upgrade came along I did a month of research and decided on the DroidX. Two weeks into having the handset, the home key stopped working and the touch screen wouldnt respond to the touch. I exchanged the phone for another brand new DroidX. Not 24 hours from the time of the exchange this phone reset itself. This continued to happen pretty regularly for a little over a week until I went back to the store on day 30 of my 30 day return policy and did an exchange for my 3rd brand new DroidX. I've had the phone for 3 hours, I hope it doesn't do what the first 2 did. I visited a Verizon store when I experienced problems to see if they could help with the 2nd phone and they did a master reset and told me to wait 48 hours. The phone continued to reset itself and Verizon recommended I swap the phone for the third time. They also claim they have not had any issues with this model phone. Funny now that I see this forum, a lot of people have had the same issue. Ok that wasn't that short or to the point. I will have to try harder next time. lol:D

I had 2 phone resets after the last update and none since. Never hear of a hard button mess up in any thread. Must have been put together wrong.
Hope this one works out for you. Relatively few defects in the phone from what I've read other than the usual software glitches in about every phone these days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones