DroidX shell/holster and docksAccessories

Last Updated:

1. mjstraw

mjstraw Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if a DroidX with shell/holster combo will fit in a car or home dock without removing the shell?

Advertisement
  2. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

I haven't seen one - I know the X needs to be naked for the verizon sold car dock, but again I ride a bike. I got a generic clamp style for mine, coupled with a nice USB charger running through the loom and I have a bike with NAV, among all the other things the X does.

BTW - mines in a verizon once piece, with holster - wouldn't be "that" hard to take off and on for a car/home dock but never the less enough pain in the butt to not do so. Everything in my Gfriends car is BT, phone goes in the consol, unless I need directions, and then shes the "dock" :)

3. mjstraw

mjstraw Member This Topic's Starter

Lady on phone at "customer service" sez "should work, but you have 15 days to return if it doesn't". My confidence level is low that she knows what she's talking about.

Email to customer service - responded back in less than a day, said "sorry but you'd need to remove shell". Didn't seem like a "form letter" so confidence level pretty high that answer is correct. Besides, it agrees with my suspicions :)