DroidX Task Killer App is in Fact Built In

Last Updated:

1. droidx_fan

droidx_fan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It is clear to me now. After heavy use for a couple of hours, the DroidX locks up requiring the user to pull the battery for a hard reset. That absolutely kills on the running apps. Clever design by the Moto software geniuses.

Advertisement
  2. androy

androy Well-Known Member

I never once had to pull the battery and Im on my X the whole day.

Did you try a factory reset? Your problem is not common.

Also, you sound like a troll.

3. NOVAdroid2151

NOVAdroid2151 Well-Known Member

So what are you implying? Should we download a task killer? Several threads here say not to do that. Are you implying to do a hard battery pull? I had to do that with my BB Storm.. its not fun. You are the first I have heard having this problem.

4. shadowangel

shadowangel Well-Known Member

I've had my X since the 16th without a lockup.

5. LsRamAir

LsRamAir Member

Ive never removed the back cover or battery since the verizon rep put it on at 7am on the 15th.

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

no lock up for me either. Please look at the individual apps you installed and their comments in the apps market.. you might find the issue is not the phone but a questionable app.

Thank you.

7. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

I agree with the OP. I had mine lock up on me the first day I had it with zero apps installed. Guess you "geniuses" aren't all-knowing, nor can you read threads on this very site where many users have had their X lock up on them.

8. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

I think the issue is that droidx_fan has been in several threads saying all the issues he is having, has been told several times that it is probably his hardware and should get the phone replaced, yet he still insists on starting threads like this.

I'm not trying to start any BS here but come on..... this is as bad as making an "iPhone 4 pwns all you Android nubs" thread. No one said that there are no lockups, people are commenting on their own experiences.

9. quickaudi

Gotcha. Missed his other threads, as I only check in once or twice a day.

10. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

0 lock ups.

Usually anyone with a "fan" in their s/n is trying to hide something. I see that there's complaining, complaining, complaining... why not just exchange your faulty device? If indeed it is faulty.

11. BRM10984

BRM10984 Well-Known Member

C'mon Joel- get with the program. ;)

I see you changed the Incredible order to an X. Nice.

12. Flying_Hellfish

That's why I brought it up, I know not everyone has hours a day to kill on forums. :)

13. androy

androy Well-Known Member

Well, what else is there to do while at work? ;)

14. quickaudi

Dude, work has been absolutely stupid this week. Haven't has much time to play with my new toy. Yeah, swapped my order because it wouldn't have shipped until 7/14, and it was quicker to go to the store and get the X on opening day.

15. Flying_Hellfish

Bingo. lol

16. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

I get the random freezes and lag generally when typing and scrolling through home screens without heavy use for a couple of hrs.

Anyone else?

Is this a software or hardware issue?

17. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone said that no one was experiencing lockups and I don't understand the need to denigrate anyone who may have had a different experience than your own.

On just about any problem related to the DX you can probably find some people who have also experienced it and others who have not as well as some in between. You'll probably also find that people tend to post faster, more often and more vociferously when they have problems, that's just human nature. People having different experiences and even perceiving the same experience differently, is just the way it is and does not validate nor invalidate anyone's personal experience.

I have to agree with Flying_Hellfish, droidx_fan may be genuinely experiencing all the multiple problems they post about but they seem much more interested in making negative posts and complaining than in finding any resolutions. As the King's X song says "Complain, so much easier".

18. Flying_Hellfish

Honestly it could be either. You can factory reset and run like that for a day or two and see if you see the same issues. If you do it is likely hardware. If you don't.... you can add apps one by one and test. Sure it is long and tedious but it is about the only way if the market pages for your applications don't say anything about it locking up/slowing devices.

19. JJackson

JJackson Active Member

My Droid X has locked up a few times and it is pretty frustrating, but I still love the phone. I have not experienced any major problems -- other than my removing the sticker from the battery bay. :rolleyes:

20. quickaudi

Actually, at least one of the posters said he had not heard of any issues. Might try reading the thread again?

21. Drambuie

Drambuie Active Member

My X has locked up twice requiring battery removal.

Neither time during heavy use.:confused:

One time before any apps were installed and one time after.

22. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

Not having heard of a problem is quite different than saying that the problem does not exist. I wasn't aware of you until today but that's not saying that you are a figment of someone's imagination or didn't exist before then. :)

23. quickaudi

I imagine there are several people in this world who wish i was a figment of their imagination.

If i continue to have lockups (and i am sure i will), i will be exchanging my X. That, and this one random hanging pixel that comes and goes... :(

24. quickaudi

Lol at double post