DROIDX Update 4.5.605 rolling out. Keyboard Bug Fixed??

Last Updated:

1. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Looks like the laggy keyboard should be getting fixed (for those that are experiencing it w/stock keyboard - but who uses that anyway :)), but looking at the size of this update, 113MB, I hope the root exploit isn't getting "fixed" along with it, as mentioned in the article. I have seen where folks took the update and were still able to root with the one click method.

DROIDX Update to 4.5.605 is on the Way, the Keyboard Bug is Finally Getting Fixed

Personally, I am on SwiftKey and don't have any issues, so no idea what the bug actually is.

Advertisement
  2. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Well-Known Member

The update page says it could be up to 113 MB depending on which software version you are updating from and could be as little as 8 MB. The root exploit currently being used has NOT been closed according to P3Droid so it is still rootable. However I would wait to update to this as many people are reporting more bugs being introduced with this update than it fixes.
  3. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not touching this at all if it introduces more bugs.
  4. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I haven't had an keyboard issues, but maybe it's b/c I use a different keyboard. :D
  5. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Roger that.

I use thumb keyboard and have no issues.

What do you use colchiro?
  6. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

I just don't want to touch it because it's Moto stock........ewwwwww!!! lol :p
  7. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Wonder if they fixed the camera bug already! This might be our last shot.
  8. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

No keyboard bugs here, using FlexT9. Hope this fixes the camera issue, tired of having to reset the resolution for still and video every time I open it.
  9. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

SwiftKey, I love it. Got it for free from Amazon market (app of the day). :D
    old.blue likes this.
  10. rfdesq

rfdesq Well-Known Member

Swiftkey, paid for it before the free app of the day and love it.
  11. Wally World

Wally World Well-Known Member

mahers likes this.
  12. Wally World

http://db.tt/k7CVCN1

Install in standard recovery. Don't forget to rename your old update.zip before putting this on the sd card.
  13. mruno

mruno Well-Known Member

is this ok to install on a rooted device?
  14. fender2469

fender2469 New Member

I thought this update was gonna roll out on the 19th???
  15. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Updates will start pushing out today. That's a fact, and before you all start screaming you didn't get it, it will be a phased push as usual so it may be a day or two before you see the notification for it. I don't plan to do it yet, until I hear it isn't all jacked up. There is also mention of a Media Dock issue fix, but I have no details on that (I do know when I undock my phone, the speakerphone comes on!?!?).
  16. psipher

psipher Active Member

I got the update today at 9:00am PST....no noticeable difference, but really haven't had time to play with it.
  17. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Were you rooted before the update and are you still rooted??
  18. psipher

psipher Active Member

I was un-rooted to start with.
    mahers likes this.
  19. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks! I was looking for a rooted user's experience before I even think about this update.
  20. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member

If you are rooted, this thing is going to install itself anyway, isn't it? Will a rooted phone be unrooted and if that happens do you simply do the one click root method to re-root?
  21. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

That, is exactly what I would like to know as well.
  22. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Also would like to know how rooted users upgrade?

Any word if the camera bug was fixed too? Not very hopeful. It's got to be like 2 lines of code and they have acknowledged the bug, how they aren't fixing it is beyond me.
  23. Wally World

They want you to buy a new Moto phone, that's why. I am starting to think these bugs are intentional.
  24. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

From a few other forums, I read that the camera bug is still there and the phone isn't all that much more improved. One key note: upgrading will remove root, but the one-click method will still give it back!
  25. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member

Sure boots up faster and is ready to roll more quickly. With all my apps/widgets loaded up my performance has seemed to have improved though there is no way to measure. Quadrant scores improved.

BTW, in the ROM tool bx you can toggle freeze to the updater. Got this from another forum. Supposedly this will stop the update from loading. We'll see.