• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

shortride

Jul 23, 2011
SE Oklahoma
When I open the Gallery on my Mesmerize there are 2 groups of photo's. One holds all of the photo's that I have loaded onto my phone. There is one photo that is also in the other group but it is by itself in something called "Drop Box". Will someone explan this to me?

Unfortunately I don't have an instruction manual. It accidently got thrown out with the original box into the trash.

What do you remember about that photo? Did you take it with a 3rd party app? Did you download it from an email or text message?

The Dropbox app does not automatically put items into its folder, you have to designate them to be there. If you don't even have the app loaded on your phone, my guess is that the photo wound up in the folder because of a third party app.

Upvote 0
What do you remember about that photo? Did you take it with a 3rd party app? Did you download it from an email or text message?

The Dropbox app does not automatically put items into its folder, you have to designate them to be there. If you don't even have the app loaded on your phone, my guess is that the photo wound up in the folder because of a third party app.

I put all of the photo's on my phone the same way. I plugged my phone into my desktop computer with the USB cable, pulled down the USB connection option, checked it to be "MOUNTED". After the folder shows up on my desktop I found all of the photos that I wanted to drag and drop into the 'SAVED PICTURE" folder on the Mesmerize. That is the only way I know to load photo's onto my phone.

Is there something I could have done after all of the photo's got loaded onto my phone that could cause only the one photo to get into the "Drop Box"? I can't find a file or folder on my phone labeled, "Drop Box".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones