• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Drop Down List Button

Hmm. I know this isnt really what you want to hear, but that's something that really should be a spinner. That's what spinners were designed to replace and you'd be re-inventing the wheel by not using one. You would also be creating a unusual UI that your users wont be used to.

Though for users that have Honeycomb (API 11) or newer, you can use a dropdown spinner that looks like this:

action_bar_pattern_spinner.png

Reactions: Oliver12
Upvote 0
Thanks, yeah I've implemented the spinner into my app but have one small problem. Before clicking on it the number inside the spinner is stuck to the far left.

So imagine the number here, is right next to the edge of the box on the left.

I've tried padding, tried to move it using android:layout_width and android:layout_x in xml but nothing works. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Thanks, yeah I've implemented the spinner into my app but have one small problem. Before clicking on it the number inside the spinner is stuck to the far left.

So imagine the number here, is right next to the edge of the box on the left.

I've tried padding, tried to move it using android:layout_width and android:layout_x in xml but nothing works. Any ideas?

Try android:gravity

Reactions: Oliver12
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones