1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Drop Knives Save Lives

Last Updated:

1. kidcarter93

kidcarter93 Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    I just noticed this sub-forum here and it's the perfect place to share my story and videos.

The back story
    11 years ago, when I was 8, my best friend was stabbed by a couple of older lads and died not long afterwards. It has stuck with me, more so than if I'd only heard about it, because he actually died in my arms.
    I was just on my way to meet him before school and all I heard was a deafening scream. When I got there he was just lying there in a bloody state all over.
    Ever since that point, I've always been a big supporter of stopping knife crime. Even when I was 14 I also got stabbed, but luckily it wasn't too bad and has just left me with a scar on my leg.
    That then made me want to make a change even more, but at that point I wasn't aware of what I could do to make a difference.

It was then in 2009 that the opportunity arose. I took part in a media course at college and when we were asked what we wanted the theme of the course to be, I instantly said Anti knife crime.
    I knew this was the opportunity to make a change and I wasn't going to waste this chance.
    We decided to make our own video reconstructions to show how a simple situation can escalate to something extremely major.

The videos
    Part 1 -

Part 2 (This is the part that I'm in. I'm the tall lad in the black hoody) -

This video had a major achievement when it got played on ITV News here in the UK in April 2010.
    I can never be sure how many people have listened to the videos message but as long as I've saved even 1 life, all the time and hard work was totally worth it.

Thanks to those who have taken the time to read this post and watch the videos, truly.

I just thought I'd share a great achievement with you guys :)

Advertisement
    Mehta23 likes this.