General Dropbox 50 GB with existing account?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by En4cer2k11, Sep 9, 2012.

1. En4cer2k11

En4cer2k11 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Male
    Student
    Sacramento, CA
    Its my understanding that when purchasing a brand new One S, the customer is entitled to 50 GB of storage space upon registering a Dropbox account. Does this also apply if you already have an existing Dropbox account? I already have an account with 3 GB, and I was wondering if I used that account, would that account get bumped up to 50 GB, or does it only apply to new signups?

Advertisement

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Aug 30, 2011
    Male
    Graduate Student
    MN
    Yes, when I got my evo 4g lte the gigs were added to my existing account

3. En4cer2k11

Dec 10, 2010
    Male
    Student
    Sacramento, CA
    OK, cool. Cause here's my situation:
    I WANT a Galaxy S III. For a limited time, the T-Mobile store in my area lowered the prices on all of their phones. The GS III is only $149.99 (or $190 out the door after taxes). My paycheck comes in tomorrow, but it'll only be around $100 or so, with more coming next month. However, by that time, the sale will have been long over and the price will go back up to $229.
    On the other hand, the One S is on sale for $50 (or $80 after taxes, I'm told) with a mail-in rebate that essentially makes it free. While I WANT the S III, I won't get the sale price for it by the time I get enough money to buy it. But I'm terribly impatient for a new phone since my G2 broke about a month ago, and I would prefer to have something RIGHT NOW. I'm currently using an OLD Nokia 5310 Xpress music phone in the meantime, and am therefore paying for a data plan that I CAN'T use at the moment. So I'm trying to research and find out if the One S (despite the lack of SD card expansion and smaller battery) is worth settling for, given the downright STEAL of a price for it. I have only a few days to make an ultimate decision before I lose out on the whole sale entirely.

4. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles
    VIP Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Skaro
    I got 25 GB added to my existing account. (so it is around 29GB now). I don't know if they have changed it to 50GB or not, but I haven't heard that so I kinda doubt it.

I will say the One S is an excellent phone with lots of 3rd part dev support. I miss the sd card storage, but not so much that it is that much of an inconvenience.

5. En4cer2k11

Dec 10, 2010
    Male
    Student
    Sacramento, CA
    That's still pretty decent. Its possible I may have either misquoted or confused the 50 GB offer with another phone entirely. How's your battery life? Both for light and heavy usage such as gaming? I plan to keep my mobile data off for the most part (away from home) unless I need it for something. I learned with my G2 that data BY FAR takes up the most battery drainage. Also, how well is multitasking and potential lag?

*Edit* I think I got the 50 GB confused with Box. Dropbox works much better to me though.

Tags: