Dropbox account -- getting the 25 GBGeneral

Last Updated:

1. berkeley

berkeley Well-Known Member

I did the new account set up from the phone as they said, but still only ended up with 2.5 GB as opposed to the advertised 25 GB. Any suggestions on what could be wrong? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

I got an email after I logged in on the phone... It had a link to set up the larger account.
  3. Nasalhair

Nasalhair Well-Known Member

No problem here. Sign up, complete the steps described (e.g. put a link on FB or Twitter, create a folder, install the app on your computer...) and the email arrives in moments.
  4. danyfra

danyfra Well-Known Member

No issues either, linked it to my existing account, followed the steps to 'unlock' all the gigs and voila :cool:
  5. alcohol

alcohol Well-Known Member

I hear this is only for one year and then you have to pay. Can someone confirm? I'm not going to bother switching from Skydrive if it's only temporary.
  6. shauny13

shauny13 Well-Known Member

just done it. 2yrs
    alcohol likes this.
  7. craftycarper

craftycarper Well-Known Member

2 years i was led to believe
  8. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i read.. that the new samsung GS3... gets 50GB on dropbox!!
  9. kilasix9

kilasix9 Well-Known Member

Also confirmed that I got 25GB for two years. Easy enough process.
  10. meohman1

meohman1 Well-Known Member

Follow the instructions in the email and get the 25 GB. I actually got another gig by sending emails to two others. It is good for two years.

I also have a Seagate GoFlex Home Network Hard Drive - 2 TB - which also works with my phone. I can access the Seagate from anywhere - phone, another PC, work!

Mike
  11. wrchad23

wrchad23 Well-Known Member

I didn't do anything other then install the app and sign into my existing account. I got 23gb since I already had 2.5gb so I have 25.5gb now.
  12. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Well-Known Member

1. install Dropbox on your device
    2. log into it, with your Dropbox account
    3. within 2-24 hours you'll receive an email
    4. you'll now have 23GB additional in your Dropbox account.

PS: not sure why some people see 23GB, and some 25GB. And yes, it is ONLY for two years...
  13. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I think if you're creating a new account, you get 25GB, but if you're linking to an existing account, you get 23GB.

I already had an account and I only got 23GB.
    naviwilliams likes this.
  14. danyfra

That's because a free account is 2Gb.
    Your.free.account +23Gb =25Gb
    Someone creating new account will automatically go to 25Gb, and that's how they based their advertising.
    karmamule likes this.
  15. GetZwole

GetZwole Member

Got my 25gb problem is I put the songs I wanted on there about 1.5 days ago. Which was 23gb in that time my dropbox is not even 1/3 of the way added. Says 20.8 percent used of the space, and goes up about every 5 hours just a fraction. Is it normal to take this long?
  16. danyfra

I would say it's probably normal as it depends on your upload speed.

I used google music to store all my songs (~17Gb), and with about 1.5Mb upload speeds, it took a few days (a few hours each day).
  17. GetZwole

GetZwole Member

Ok good to know nothing is wrong. Thanks for the reply. Only like 14 hours left from what it says now lol.