Dropbox for Android App Available!

Last Updated:

1. Blindfutur3

Blindfutur3 Member This Topic's Starter

I use it it sync/backup settings of applications across multiple Macs, use it to sync my Yojimbo library over Macs where it was before only possible with MobileMe, and finally I use it as the sole storage for my College work(constantly backed up, never a chance of losing anything

Advertisement
  2. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

3. gerryk

gerryk Well-Known Member

4. Talderon

5. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Nice, was using dropbox for pc already. This'll be extremely handy to transfer files to my phone :D

6. Talderon

Yeah, I have been using the PC DropBox for a while. I have it on my 2 Linux machines and 1 Windows PC's and all files are sync'd... now, of course, my Nexus One.

7. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

So saw some of the vids for it and it seems like a really cool app! Although people are complaining that it doesn't sync...does anyone know what the app doesn't sync to? o_O

8. Talderon

When people say "doesn't sync" they mean like the Desktop Client. When you drop a file into your dropbox, it automatically syncs with all the Computers you have your client installed and running on.

With the mobile device, they don't auto sync, you have to manually upload/download files, which is the way I like it. I have 8GB of space on my DropBox and I would NOT want to sync all that data!!!!

It's nice, I like it, and no ads. :D

9. Teknologic

Yeah it doesn't autosync all the data to your phone.. but why would you want that o_O
    My dropbox is only at 4 gigs yet tho.
    That being said, if anyone would want to sign up for DropBox and feel like helping out a bit:
    https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTYyMzUyNDg5 Sign up through here and I'll get 250MB of storage extra.

Sorry don't mean to beg in any way but if people are gonna sign up, why not help someone out at the same time :)

10. Roze

hmm...just out of curiosity, has any of you used Droidbox, since it offers the same thing as Dropbox. If you had, I was wondering what's the pro/con about each.

Thanks,
    -Roze-

11. Teknologic

I hadn't tried dropbox yet but checked it out just now.. Both don't have file syncing but droidbox dev says he's working on that.
    Dropbox is a bit better at maintaining a stable connection imo. But DroidBox has more options. Like browsing your entire phone directory if you want to upload a file, or editing mapnames etc.
    Droidbox has a pretty tiny font and icons compared to Dropbox, which makes selecting stuff a tad harder.

I've decided to go with droidbox though. Also because downloads and uploads are qued and you can continue doing whatever.. while your file transfers.

12. Roze

You can add another 250mb to your storage space :p

13. Teknologic

Thanks, now it's really 4 gig :D

It wasn't before but it said so for some reason o_O

14. bitxboi

bitxboi Well-Known Member

is it possible to have available the thumbnails of the photos instead of having to download the whole picture to actually see which one is?