• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dropbox gives away 5GB free

Ok, I am currently running dropbox version 201.
I just DL'd the 209 beta .apk. I went to install it, & got the message that it was going to replace another application & that all existing user data world be saved.
So, basically what I am asking, is that this will function just like updating the app. (manually by choice) Everything should stay the same like user name and password all that good stuff, with just the camera upload feature being new that I get 500mb free storage for each time I incur a sync until I keep earning 500mb for until I reach the cap of 5gb free storage??? Just wanna make sure ya know...

Duh, I guesses so, it states:

" During this beta period, we are also offering additional free space to test automatic uploading of photos and videos. For every 500MB of photos and videos automatically uploaded, you'll receive another 500MB space bonus, up to 5GB total (including the initial 500MB space)."

Upvote 0
Ok, I am currently running dropbox version 201.
I just DL'd the 209 beta .apk. I went to install it, & got the message that it was going to replace another application & that all existing user data world be saved.
So, basically what I am asking, is that this will function just like updating the app. (manually by choice) Everything should stay the same like user name and password all that good stuff, with just the camera upload feature being new that I get 500mb free storage for each time I incur a sync until I keep earning 500mb for until I reach the cap of 5gb free storage??? Just wanna make sure ya know...

Duh, I guesses so, it states:

" During this beta period, we are also offering additional free space to test automatic uploading of photos and videos. For every 500MB of photos and videos automatically uploaded, you'll receive another 500MB space bonus, up to 5GB total (including the initial 500MB space)."

Yeah, the only difference I noticed was when I right-click something on my computer, I now have the option to share via dropbox. At least I don't think that was there before.

Reactions: blackepoxy
Upvote 0
O.k. (oll korrect) I'm gonna do it.

Ok, got it, turned on camera upload, wifi only, connected to wifi, it uploaded all 200 of my camera pictures.
That only got me, .5 gb (500mb) of free storage...

I guess it pulls from the DCIM/100 media folder on sd card. I guess I will have to move more stuff in that folder to get some more free space...
I wonder if it will recognize the changes and upload the stuff i move into it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones