dropbox

Last Updated:

1. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dropbox just appeared on my Droid in the gallery section with several pics in the album even though I never installed Dropbox app on my phone.

Can somebody tell me how to remove this album please as there is no delete option?

I am rooted if that helps. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

Do you have your phone set to sync Picasa pictures?
    It could be a folder named "Dropbox" that you have in Picasa.

istolvampire likes this.
  3. jmims

jmims Well-Known Member

That's your Picasa web album. Everyone has one called Drop Box. A little confusing I know, but log into your google account your computer and navigate over to Picasa. You'll see it, and be able to get rid of it.

istolvampire likes this.
  4. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks I just figured that out. When I set a custom pic on my pc for google homepage it saved those pics in this dropbox. I will try to delete them now.

edit: got it deleted. Just fyi it is the custom pic on my pc homepage that was creating it so if you are like me and don't want this then don't set a custom google homepage pic.

Question-is there a way to not have picasa not sync with my phone? Where would that setting be? I don't use picasa although I guess I should start so I can take my pics with me.

Thanks again for the fast help. Was confusing with it also being called Dropbox and the fact that I have never used picasa but I am a guy so pics are not really my thing.lol

5. jmims

jmims Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure, but I don't think you can disable Picasa syncing. If you really don't use it or won't, then I guess it wouldn't matter.

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

You can disable Picasa syncing. Settings --> Accounts & sync --> Make sure Autosync is enabled --> select your Google account --> uncheck Picasa.

istolvampire likes this.