Dropped Again-Do I need to replace LCD or just the front glass?General

Last Updated: 2010-12-31 18:44:58
  1. pittguy578

pittguy578 Well-Known Member

Somehow my Incredible fell out of my jacket pocket at the grocery store
    Dropped it for the second time within a month. This is getting to be a bad habit.
    I think this is partially HTC's fault. They sell a 2150 battery, but they don't make a protective case that will hold the damn thing.

It's the bottom left corner that is cracked.
    Is there a screen in front of the actual LCD screen?
    I don't think the LCD is cracked. No coloration problems.
    If I can't replace it, then I will file a third claim and just use the crappy original battery with a case.

Advertisement
  2. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

HTC doesn't make any protective cases (they're made by 3rd parties). Therefore they must be responsible for any damage to any of their phones, right?

Seriously, It's possible to replace just some of the layers of the screen. Whether you can actually save money doing that is another question. After a brief web search, the digitized/glass panel runs about $50 or so with shipping, and $70 for the AMOLED. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-forum/60851-replaced-cracked-htc-incredible-digitizer.html

I'd suggest you switch to the 1800 mAh slim battery, that fits in the stock back. And you will probably need to find a different insurer, I think assurion only let's you do 2 replacements.
  3. captainm27

captainm27 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

There are a large number of protective cases and holsters that are made for the extended battery.

seidio and others are out there....

Anyone who doesn't have a protective case is just asking for trouble...

Lego!
  5. Vaseline Smith

Vaseline Smith Well-Known Member