Dropped call freezes phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. netizenmt

netizenmt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't think I've seen this addressed elsewhere, but I could have missed it, and I apologize if I did.

My phone is stock, has an 8 GB SD card installed, and very few apps beyond those installed by Verizon. I can include a list if requested. The phone works fine and all the apps I use regularly work fine. The only exception I have is that occasionally I will be talking to someone and I hear a descending 4 tone deet- da-la-deet.. and my call is gone, my screen is black and I can't get it to respond. If I slide out the keyboard, the buttons light up, but nothing else happens. I have to pull the battery to get it to work again.

I can confirm I have the 50% bug and have tried all the suggestions which don't seem to do much. Also, someone else mentioned the problem of when I place a call, the screen goes blank and does not wake back up unless I slide out the keyboard.

I have firmware version 2.1-update1, Kernel version 2.6.29 lge@android-build #2, Build number ERE27 and SW Version VS740ZVB.

Does anyone know how to fix this bug short of taking it back to Verizon or living with it? Would any of the custom ROMs you have on here help? I have absolutely no clue about rooting and updating the ROM and don't want to complicate things further if it's not going to resolve anything.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to provide.

Advertisement
  2. netizenmt

netizenmt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think I've found my solution - I trimmed my screen protector out around the proximity sensor and it seems to be working now. Time will tell.

darkxsun likes this.