Dropped calls? or people cant hear me on the phone!!

Last Updated:

1. eblueskittle

eblueskittle Member

My friend is having a problem with her droid. When she is on the phone talking it is constantly, muting her voice or something cuz no1 can hear her. she just got the phone less than a week ago. I read online and found abunch of stuff about the proximity sensor and the software issues, however those were all dated last year around winter time. so i am trying to see if there is a current fix for it. i see on the forums people have some problems with hardware on their incredibles but i didnt see a thread for the droid. any help would be appreciated plz. basically she can hear people talking but no1 can hear her and it happens like every other phone call.

Advertisement
  2. che

che New Member

Guess VZW didn't fix the bug:( So disappointing. Stayed awake, ordered on line, received before 3 2 days later! LOVE that DROID X. For 4 days! Until hooked bluetooth up. Turned off when I got to work this morning and lo and behold! Calls came in, but no one could hear me. Rep had me turn off/on. Could hear me through speaker and bluetooth, but not headset. Go figure. Rep's final solution was to reorder.... nothing in stock so should be shipped by 8/4. Guess I'm lucky bluetooth & speaker work. Thoughts from anyone else?:confused:
  3. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

This is not common or normal. Have her take the phone back to Verizon.
  4. Kerplunk

Kerplunk Member

The only time i heard of this happening is if the droid is being tilted while in use. for example laying down while talking on the phone so that it is nearly parallel to the ground.
  5. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, are you saying that she sounds muffled or distorted, or is there literally no sound on the other end?
  6. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

So in some cases, just like the new iPhone, you can't hold your Droid any way you want. I hate stupid issues like this one. You'd think after so many years of experience these people could work a lot more of these issues out. Especially considering the phone has been out 8-9 months.