Dropped CallsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. HeatherWestie

HeatherWestie Member This Topic's Starter

new member , here... I have had some problems sinse the update. I was on the phone today and had the phone drop out 5 times.I have had the silent call issue but thought i was over it.After I was on the phone tonight and ,dropped the cal 5 times ,I was upset and called Verizon. Tech asked me to jump through all the hoops, Hard reset, all that crap, ben there and done that wont fix it. . I wanted a new phone, told me it would coust 150.00 more to upgrade. I have been a customer for close to 14 yrs,they are up grading me for free. they opted to ship me a new Incredible, which if I have the same problem will ship back. I didnt recieve the fix , that is supposed to be on the way, yet

Advertisement
  2. Jareris

Jareris Well-Known Member

I am right with you. I've had the same exact problems and am fed up. Ever since the update I've been having more dropped calls, lack of 3g coverage and the phone is crazy laggy. I hope the droid INC solves your issues. I'm already on Eris #2 and I don't know what to do. Keep us posted on how it works out for you.

3. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Did you perform a factory data reset after the update? That has made a significant difference on the performance of many forum members here.

4. Jareris

Indeed I did. Did it twice as a matter of fact. All the issues surfaced after the 2.1 update.

5. xx_bishop_xx

And the factory reset was done after the 2.1 update? Is it dialer lag or just overall laggyness?

6. Jareris

Both. Before the update, i never had any issues that I am having now. There was lag before, so I can't blame the update on that. My 3g service toggles to 1x frequently now when before I always had excellent coverage. Ok enough of my whining. Just want a phone that works!

7. xx_bishop_xx

Ah, okay. I think the step of performing the factory data reset is thought to be "critical" after the 2.1 update especially. I would recommend it, and in my opinion it will improve your overall experience significantly. There are many options for backing the various types of data, so it's almost painless. Google contacts would be re-synced automatically, and you can backup applications using Astro. Just my opinion, but it has been met with a lot of positive feedback.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/80233-factory-data-reset-option.html

8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello Heather. Welcome to the forums.

It looks like you've tried the factory data reset already and that had no effect on the issues. That right there would cause me to do what you did: call or perhaps go in to the store as soon as I could.

I'm glad they agreed to send you a new device; and I hope it is a good one.

I was wondering at what point you first did a factory data reset. Was it when you began to encounter the problems? Or was it right after the OTA came to your device (as a last step in the installation of the OTA)?