Dropped CallsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When the Moment drops a call, I barely have any way of knowing. In fact, I'm not sure if it is a faded signal or the OS killing the phone call, or what. I'll be on the phone, and the call just ends. No noise, no notification (Screen takes time to turn back on when I pull away from my ear anyway, so I can't see anything), no nothing. Just the home screen, acting like nothing happened.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Advertisement
  2. Woody4OU

Woody4OU Well-Known Member

bump

My phone drops calls OFTEN.

I experience the same issues as stated above after that...

but, this phone drops way to many calls. driving, standing still, in or out of the office/home, strong signal or not.

If this cant be resolved...this phone has got to go. My last two phones, same carrier, had no problems at all. This leads me to believe it is a Moment issue.

anyone else in this boat?

3. tphone

tphone Active Member

I experienced this yesterday in an area that my TP never dropped, my moment dropped calls twice. I wonder if it's an antenna issue.
    I DL'd an app called GPStest. It shows color coded signal strength of the GPS satellites. When you hold it as you normally would, with the screen UP, most satellites are red. If you hold it above your head, with the phone upside down, the signals go up a notch to yellow. I have repeated this in different locations.
    So, I really like how 'solid' this phone feels, but I wonder if it's at the cost of RF transparency? If the body of the phone can block some signals, this could be a reason for dropped calls.
    This is opinion only, maybe better radio software will help.

4. Woody4OU

I hope this isnt my only hope. lol

5. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

I have had one call drop since I have had this phone. And it was in the same location that I have always had calls drop (a 200 yard dead zone on my way home) however they don't drop in that area as often as they did with my old phone. So overall I'm quite happy with it.

6. msalivar

msalivar Member

Mine had the same issue. Things started to act kind of funny before the drops, with distortion and such (not crackling), and I got the feeling it rooted from the same resource utilization issues as my sound stuttering problems.

7. Woody4OU

and you resolved this, how?

speech therapist?

I kyd I kyd.

8. msalivar

msalivar Member

I traded it in for a Pre. Between this, an SMS bouncing issue, and the pain in the ass need to double tap to unblank the screen during a call made it not function very well as a phone.

9. Woody4OU

darn, I like this phone...except for that.

thanks.

10. msalivar

msalivar Member

Yeah, me too. I prefer the Pre form factor, and its multi-tasking paradigm, but I much prefer the Android development landscape, tweakability, and slider mechanism. And I was really starting to get some great (and still improving) battery life out of the Moment. If I could afford to take a chance on things improving fairly quickly as Samsung updates the phone, I would have. But I really need the phone for work, and it just wasn't cutting it. After one week I was pulling my hair out, hopefully I'll fair better with the Pre next week.

11. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

No dropped calls on my phone so far, knock on wood. Everything runs like it's supposed to.

12. xdavieexx

xdavieexx Active Member

yeah no dropped calls so far... only me "accidentally" hanging up on my gf :)

13. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

I've had this phone 2 weeks and have yet to have a dropped call. My previous phone was a Touch Pro and though I hated it for many things, reception wasn't a issue. The Moment has as good if not better reception than the best radio I used on the TP (generally 1.11f). Call quality is no comparison, the Moment has the best call quality of any cell phone I've ever used. I still get caught off guard when a call connects because there's no background noise to clue me in. With the TP, there was always a tell tale hiss that told me it was time to say "Hello".

14. TheEsupremacy

TheEsupremacy Member

There is no current issue with dropped calls or texts with the Moment. If you are having these problems you live in a fringe service area or have a defective unit.

15. ragingbull2k2

ragingbull2k2 Well-Known Member

I would have to second the fact that I get the clearest calls out of all the cell phones I've owned... a couple of accidental hang ups and maybe one random dropped call... love the quality so far of phone calls...

Joey

16. msalivar

msalivar Member

Would you like to back up that awfully definitive statement with something a little more substantial.

17. ragingbull2k2

ragingbull2k2 Well-Known Member

even if I could, wouldn't matter anyways, since we're more than likely in two different parts of the country... just take my experience for what it's worth... my last phone (Motorola V950) would hold on to a signal long enough, but I would always get an echo, but even then not many dropped calls until the phone started heating up from use...

quality IMHO is better than that phone, since half the time I can't tell if the other person is on the line and they're quite, not even background noise...

don't want to compare this phone to the Nextels I used to have, since they weren't exactly known for the reliable cell service (although radio was great)... that said, call quality, once again, was worlds better...

Joey

18. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

I have to agree that I haven't had any dropped calls. I do however agree that if the other end of the call ends the call I have no notification as the proximity sensor turns the screen back on after I pull away when I don't get an answer or the phone rings and the other caller says sorry I lost signal. I only wish the proximity sensor would turn back on more quickly if the call ends.

19. TheEsupremacy

TheEsupremacy Member

I wish you could manually turn the screen off when you are on a bluetooth call at home/work (such as when the prox. sensor is on and the screen is black) when your phone is nowhere near you. That would save some battery power I would imagine.

20. mr.menendez

mr.menendez Active Member

I've had people call me saying why haven't I answered their texts when in fact none of those ever came through. As far as dropped calls, hasn't happened yet but I have accidentaly pressed the speaker button with my cheek while my wife started to nag at me....everyone heard all the f-bombs

21. OneMoment

OneMoment New Member

I purchased the Moment last week. It came with the CL14 update. The only issue I had was the signal would drop from 5bars to one or none. Got it replaced and the next one I got has the exact same issue. I compared this to my friends Moment and mine was the only one that did this in the same location. Also the second phone the screen looked like it had a Matte finish. Anyone else having similar issues.

22. blkpanther9805

blkpanther9805 Member

I've experienced this at least two times a week also

23. Woody4OU

3 months later....

since doing the update...I have not had a call drop.

knock on woody

24. jaskiratsingh

jaskiratsingh Member

Which update?