Dropped Cappy in the Mail

Last Updated:

1. LordHumongouz

LordHumongouz Banned This Topic's Starter

See ya!

My second Captivate did work like a dream with GPS where the first one did not. I actually had no problems with GPS over the last two weeks.

For some reason, both of them were wonky on WiFi. Speedtest.net app would peak at 10Mbit, but choke and settle to 3Mbit. The iPod Touch, however, would peak at 11Mbit and stay pegged all of the way through the transfer. Better buffering of the OS or chipset, I guess.

The fact that my Captivate would not boot to recovery mode, however, sealed its death warrant for me. If I can't unlock and root it, I don't want it.

I am hoping for the HTC Emerald/Glacier or the Q1 2011 new releases.

The Galaxy S certainly raised the bar. However, it was too flawed. Every other phone that ihave had for the last 14 years has been better for voice. And, still, a computer or netbook is better for Internet and e-book reading. The SAMOLED screen was stunning, however, and I love the form factor. Hopefully next year will usher in all of the strengths of this phone, without it's weaknesses, just like Blade.

Anyway, it's been real, and I thank the balanced members of this forum.

Anxiously looking for the next $0.01 deal on cutting edge devices....

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

So your going with T-Mobile huh....if it stays as projected, the "Emerald" is suppose to have a dual snapdragon processor with a processor speed of 1.2 or 1.5 ghz and a front facing camera. That should be TMO's topdog by then.

3. LordHumongouz

LordHumongouz Banned This Topic's Starter

And I like the idea of an Android on their 14.4Mbit 3.5G network.

It probably won't be until late 2011 before a similar Android will be on LTE for AT&T or Verizon.

Just another milestone to look for.

I find it funny that I am much happier with a much more limited phone (Nokia) that does 90% of what it does well, over a much more advanced one (Galaxy) that only does 70% of what it does well.

BoulderGeek likes this.
  4. jflexe99

jflexe99 Well-Known Member

Those dual processors would be AMAZINGLY fast. But the battery will prob drain UNBELIEVABLY fast! Ha. I can't wait to see some droids with dual processors.

Now is it dual cpu's or they doing duo core processor?

5. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

Dual processors are impractical until battery tech takes some steps forward. A single core processor phone has battery life issues.

6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Given the direction this thread was going, this is a friendly reminder to everybody to keep their posts polite and on topic.

7. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Well-Known Member

Haha, these would be dual core processors. The majority of home computers are not even dual CPU machines!

I could only imagine if you had a dual CPU phone, you might as well connect it up to a car battery.