Dropped Charger...Ok To Use On Vibrant?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. DavDroid

DavDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

As dumb of a question as this may seem. I dropped my OEM charger onto a carpeted floor from maybe hip height or a little higher and I would like to know if it's ok for me to still use it without it damaging my phone. The instruction manual for this phone basically makes it seem as if it's a baby and that any little thing can damage it.

For example, it states that "tears of joy" can damage the phone and that so can a dropped charger, so before I start to use it again I was just wondering.

Thank you!!!

Advertisement
  2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

That's not a drop that would concern me. I wouldn't hesitate to use the charger after that. Now, if had been a drop onto concrete or chewed on by a rabid hyena I might think twice, but as it is I wouldn't worry about it.

DavDroid likes this.
  3. DavDroid

DavDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you!!! Before reading your post I went on the Samsung website and used their online chat to speak to a representative and I asked them the same question...There response was that it has not been proven to damage a phone, but it is possible because they do not know what will happen with the damaged circuitry in a charger. This didn't make sense to me...especially since he stated this has not been proven to damage a phone.