Dropped-connection problems with Google Play StoreSupport

Last Updated:

  1. HippoMan

    HippoMan Well-Known Member

    I've rooted my T699 based on the instructions here and other posts in that thread:


    It mostly works great, but I'm getting frequent dropped-connection problems with the Google Play Store. I often have to go into Settings->Application manager and clear data and cache for the Play Store in order to get it to work again.

    Is anyone else seeing this on their rooted T699? If so, does anyone know of a fix that's more permanent than periodically clearing data and cache for the Google Play Store app?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. RazoE

    RazoE Well-Known Member

    Havent had any data issues. Do you have your mobile network set as WCDMA only? (also saves battery) Also what are your Google Play settings? The only thing I have checked is "Update over Wi-Fi only" to keep Play from accessing the internet when I don't want it to.
  3. HippoMan

    HippoMan Well-Known Member

    I have no play settings. I don't use WiFi much, so I don't have it set to update only over WiFi.

    What is WCMDA? Is that the T-Mobile 4G network?
  4. RazoE

    RazoE Well-Known Member

    Yup, if your phone is switching between edge (2g) and hspa/wcdma ("4g" ) it's using up more battery and may connect to a signal with weak strength, which may be causing some issues. You can also download droidwall to prevent apps you don't want from accessing internet, and get adaway and adfree to prevent ads from being downloaded, which suck up data and could potentially slow your phone and internet speeds to a crawl.
  5. HippoMan

    HippoMan Well-Known Member

    Thank you for the suggestions.

    However, I'm doubtful that my problems with Google Play Store are due to high system usage or high network activity. I have no problems with internet downloads from other programs, nor do I notice any other system-load-related issues, nor am I having overly fast battery drainage problems.

    Furthermore, keep in mind that the problem with Google Play Store goes away for a while when I clear that program's cache and data, which leads me to believe that the issue is with that program, itself.

    In another forum (XDA), someone suggested that wipe the Dalvik cache. I did so recently, and since then, I haven't seen any Play Store problems ... although it's still a little early to tell for sure. But I'm hopeful that this will indeed solve the problems I've been having.

    I'll post a follow-up a little later, once I have a better idea as to whether this really solved the problem.
  6. HippoMan

    HippoMan Well-Known Member

    ... and this did indeed seem to fix the issue. I've now used Play Store a number of times since wiping the cache, and the only time I got a connection issue was during a few moments of weak cell signal (1-3 bars) ... which is to be expected.

Share This Page