Dropped Evo (Dead Pixels)Support

Last Updated:

1. JahzerJ

JahzerJ Member This Topic's Starter

I recently dropped my evo for the 2nd time. 1st time no noticeable damage. 2nd time (it has a Seido Inocase II) at the bottom of the screen a large ironic smile appeared all in green and black dead pixels. I have insurance, but its pretty pricy to replace this right now :( I also noticed 2 weeks into this phone (which is a replacement for my first 30 day phone) that I have dust under the screen (same reason I replaced the first at RadioShack) in the top left corner. Do I have grounds for a manufacturing defect from HTC? Or am I completely boned into paying the 100? Please anyone with insurance and/or HTC defect experience let me know!

Advertisement
  2. JahzerJ

JahzerJ Member This Topic's Starter

This is absolutely NOT a troubleshooting problem. You can't troubleshoot a load of dead pixels. I dont get why this was moved.

3. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

Problem is, they might say that the dust was caused by you dropping it, since the damage is obvious.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You did, until you dropped the phone, thus voiding the warranty. So you're out of luck now.

Actually, yes you can troubleshoot dead pixels. But since you dropped it, we already know that caused it. And its still a Support issue, thus it was moved.