• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help dropped in bath, boot mode??

Take the battery out and put the phone in a bag of uncooked rice. Leave it for a day or two for the rice to draw moisture out.

It may well be too late, but that's all you can do. You really should do that the moment a phone gets wet - turning it on when there is moisture in it is a very bad move.

Fingers crossed.

Reactions: jaybo1973
Upvote 0
When it was in the HBOOT mode, it was none responisve, i.e up and down didn't work. Nightmare. hopefully leaving it in the rice will sort it. If it does become responsive again, what do I do to get it out of HBOOT? Never been in it before.

Worst case scinario, if it is dead, if I get my LG viewty unlocked, will my sim work in it? until I get something sorted. At least ill have a phone.

Upvote 0
When it boots to hboot, its down to failure of software or hardware. Software is ususlly an update that's gone wrong. Hardware often shock damage or water damage. The worst thing you could do after water damage is turn it on.

No offense, but I can't understand why anyone would do that. Anyway this is always a good lesson for insurance and the bag of rice trick (WITHOUT power). I myself lost a phone to water damage and learned about insurance the hard way. I have also saved a few phones with rice.... not my own though....once you've fished your phone out the toilet, you get more careful ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones