• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dropped Incredible, screen shattered, no insurance

Ag Arrow

Lurker
May 5, 2010
So how few options do I have? I dropped my incredible on the garage floor and it hit in the corner and shattered. It still works fine, but I had to put some tape below the screed near the optical sensor to cover the sharpness from the cracks where the screen protector doesn't cover.

Anyhow, I did not get insurance as I'd never used it in the 15 years I owned a cell phone... murphy's law of course. I went to a Verizon store and they gave me a phone number of a 3rd party repair guy. He's closed for the day so I started to Google stuff and it seems that I am up the creek. The screens are the reason they are not making these as fast as they'd like so I assume there are none available. I cannot find any info on repairing them... not looking good is it?

Matt

So how few options do I have? I dropped my incredible on the garage floor and it hit in the corner and shattered. It still works fine, but I had to put some tape below the screed near the optical sensor to cover the sharpness from the cracks where the screen protector doesn't cover.

Anyhow, I did not get insurance as I'd never used it in the 15 years I owned a cell phone... murphy's law of course. I went to a Verizon store and they gave me a phone number of a 3rd party repair guy. He's closed for the day so I started to Google stuff and it seems that I am up the creek. The screens are the reason they are not making these as fast as they'd like so I assume there are none available. I cannot find any info on repairing them... not looking good is it?

Matt

Do you have house insurance? or car insurance :p be clever and try to integrate it into one of those :p (hush tho)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones