Dropped Magic in toilet, still working...but

Last Updated:

1. AP81

AP81 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I managed to drop my HTC magic in the toilet (whilst I was doing a wee).

I immediately pulled the phone apart, dried it with paper towels, sprayed the entire phone down with R70 Revive-IT (a spray for water damaged electronics), then left it to dry in front of the heater.

The phone is completely dried out, working ok...but I intermittently get no service. I've put the sim in my old Nokia and it is working fine.

Maybe it needs some more time to dry out? It's been 3 days already.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

Wait, you were using your phone while taking a piss? Now that is Android Addiction to the max.

Pretty sure it should be dried out within 3 days. Especially after a few hours in front of the heater. Not an expert tho.

I don't know man. About a year back, I accidentally left a SonyEricsson dumbphone (solid phone) in my jean pockets while the jeans were in the washing machine (yup, it went on a full spin cycle). The phone was completely gone to shit (obviously) but the sim card still worked (still using that sim today).

3. AP81

AP81 New Member This Topic's Starter

yep, using the phone whilst taking a piss. I thought that was normal? Or am I a freak?

4. lyons238

lyons238 Well-Known Member

its normal. i always hold tight tho just because of the many stories of the ol phone in toilet