dropped my droid...

Last Updated:

1. djfrost

djfrost Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

as i was getting ready this morning...i dropped my phone on my bathroom floor. battery cover flew off and the battery came out too...i put everything back together...and NOTHING!!!

the screen never turned back on!!! the screen does turn on...but it seems to still be working...

has anyone experienced this before? is my phone's screen dead?

on another note...my upgrade is in november...so this accident may be a blessing in disgise...lol...

anyway...any feedback would be helpful...

thanks!

Advertisement
  2. DasMuse

DasMuse Well-Known Member

take it to verizon and see if there is anything they can do for you... maybe they will give you an early upgrade since its so close

3. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Very unlucky. I have dropped my droid maybe 30 times and it still works perfectly. One time the screen went crazy, but the next day it was fine.

4. djfrost

just got back from a VZ store and they can not move my upgrade date up...cause my phone isnt the primary phone. but the guy was cool enough to send me a replacement and waved the replacement fee.

so on saturday i should have a new D1...

so here goes a question: how can I unroot my phone without my screen working?

can I get some help...i dont want to send the phone back and get any issues from VZ...

thanks!

5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

If the screen doesn't work at all, how will they ever find out you were rooted? Seems to me that it will go back to the factory and be completely overhauled or trashed.

6. djfrost

works for me!!

my new(old) D1 is on its way...should be here by saturday...so i'll be rooting, theming, kernaling, and overclocking this weekend...yay...new project...

lol