Dropped my Evo for the first time...

Last Updated:

1. mystik_lilac

mystik_lilac Member This Topic's Starter

And nothing happened! I almost passed out and was scared to pick it up and look at it. Was in Hastings, so it fell onto carpet luckily.

Advertisement
  2. italianwjt

italianwjt Well-Known Member

Lucky @$$

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

lol

I droped mine the other day too, and it happend to be one of the few instances that I didnt have my jell case on it. My heart skipped a beat as I watched it fall to the tile floor in slo-mo. not a scratch, nick or anything. works fine! :)

4. facemymusic

facemymusic Member

Has happened to me TWICE! And I was so (surprisingly) shocked at how durable it is!! I've seen some ugly iPhones with busted screens from just being dropped on the backside. Has happened to mine and didn't even get a scratch!

Love it.

5. mystik_lilac

Yeah I think the combo of my gel case and carpet kept it safe. However, I have seen some nasty busted Evo screen pics too. So I was worried when it fell.

It's always in my hand, cause I'm afraid to put it in my purse cause I don't want it to get scratched. And I don't always have pockets, and when I do, there almost isnt enough room since girl clothing doesn't have deep pockets like you guys get.

6. atypical1

atypical1 Active Member

I dropped mine without case or cover on the sidewalk. It had a couple of nicks taken out of the corner but it was good other than that. It seems pretty durable and after the couple of nicks I'm far less cautious with it than I was before.

james

7. jkinnison90

jkinnison90 Member

I've dropped mine quite a few times.. I don't use any cases/screen protectors. So far it has a few scratches on the screen, one crack by the search button, and some knicks on the plastic surroundings. I'd say that's pretty good from the drops it has taken.

-- Fallen from inside of a truck onto concrete, dropped in the house some, dropped onto more floors walking around places, into gravel, etc.

I think it kind of looks better with its battle scars o_O.

8. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

I dropped mine in the kitchen and somehow kneeled and caught it about 6 inches from the floor. It was completely ridiculous. I have no idea how I did it, I could try the same thing 100 times and fail.

9. PackersBrewersBucks

PackersBrewersBucks Member

I dread the day i drop mine. I been carrying it like a baby , trying my best not get a sctacth or anything on it.

10. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

I have dropped mine a couple times in the house on carpet but I don't usually consider those"drops" falling two feet and landing on carpet shouldn't hutt the phone at all

11. louielouie

louielouie Member

Dropped mine the day after I bought it. Slipped out of my hands onto the dirt and made the screen a complete spiderweb. Assurion was great (after $100 deductible) to send me a new one within 3 days even though when you call they say that they are out of stock and it would take 5 to 7 days. Now I have a case for it and treat it like a baby.

12. edwelly

edwelly Well-Known Member

I dropped mine the other night on our hard wood floor but everything seems to be just fine. Not scratches or scuffs. BTW, I was using Sedio card and Zagg front shield.

13. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

My biggest fear is dropping it after falling asleep to a movie on the train, because I've done that with the TP2 a few times. I kind of wish there was a hole in the corner for a lanyard, because it would make me feel so much better if it were strapped to my wrist.

It's metaphorically strapped to my wrist anyway!

14. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

Charging via my notebook computer, moved the notebook dragging my cased EVO on table to the hard tile from about 3 1/2 ft. I almost dropped my notebook trying to catch the phone. It took me about 60 seconds to get the courage to look at the screen. It was OK.

15. vblick

vblick Well-Known Member

Agreed. My evo took a bunge jump out of my car when I opened the door (i have to use a cassette player adaptor in my commuter car). The bottom corner got a little nicked but staying plugged into the headphone jack prevented much more damage. Anyway I was relieved that I don't have to baby this thing as much now.

16. Sim-X

Sim-X Well-Known Member

That first drop is always the worst. I know once I get over my first drop and it has some scratches if I drop it again it doesn't bother me nearly as much. I have been pretty lucky so far with the evo, but it will come.

17. MyFishWagon

MyFishWagon Well-Known Member

I dropped mine from about 4 feet straight onto concrete floor, but I had a case on it. The screen is fully exposed (as in no clear skin on it) but the phone landed on the corner of the case.

The case ended up with a TINY scratch on it and the phone still perfect. Good thing for the case

18. haggertyb

haggertyb New Member

Dropped mine going down stairs yesterday and it probably dropped about 6-8 feet. The way it hit I was sure the screen would be cracked even though I have the gel case, but couldn't even tell I dropped it.

19. Esab

Esab Member

I have not dropped mine yet (hope it doesn't happen either). My wife on the other hand, has dropped hers twice already. Both times at the grocery store at the checkout counter. I cringed as I saw it falling the first time and jumped the second time when I heard it smack the floor. Once screen down and once screen up. If not for the gel case, I think we would be looking to a replacement phone.

I think I am gonna glue her case on so she can never take it off.

20. Twistax

Twistax Well-Known Member

Dropped mine while on vacation in San Antonio, on The Alamo sidewalk :p I did not have any case at all on it so it was a RAW DOG hit.... it took a little knick on the top right corner but no other damage at all, everything still workin great.

I must admit, I died a little inside.

21. expalpo

expalpo Active Member

The first time I dropped mine... it bounced… the battery cover flew off... and the kickstand opened and saved the day… the EVO was just sitting there looking like it wanted to play a video… no scratches.

22. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member

I dropped mine in Walmart while looking at my shopping list on my Evo. It seemed fine at first, but the next day, I noticed when tapping on the screen that there was a small sound every time I tap something on the screen. It can barely be heard, but its there and I think its cause I dropped it. The phone works fine though so I think I'll be ok with it unless it gets worse.

23. erichg1000

erichg1000 Well-Known Member

I drop mine all the time just for fun. I show off to my iPhone friends... I say yeah can your phone do this? And then I drop it on the floor. This is usually when I'm drunk at bars though.

BenChase7 likes this.
  24. mystik_lilac

Omg. I hope you are kidding. If not, you are braver than I!

25. facekl

facekl Well-Known Member

My dad's evo fell out of his pocket and onto concrete. It fell screen first :(. The phone was surprisingly still functional even with a huge spiderweb screen crack. Luckily, he had the best insurance and they gladly replaced it for him. They even let him keep the battery and the battery door of the broken one. I have the white one and have never dropped mine but I have insurance just in case. Also, now I can switch between white and black backs! Oreo evo FTW! :)