Dropped my naked Dinc without insuranceGeneral

Last Updated:

1. crucifixion

crucifixion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

eh gads! Was going to the store, incredible in my hand; then while parking, put the incredible on my lap, completely forgot, and when I stood up to go outside, the dinc fell outta my lap and hit the asphalt!

no scratches on the screen, but on the top right corner near the earphone, there was a small crack of the case, that isnt noticible. thought I dodged a bullet there

however, on the corner near the power button, there is a huge crack/indent. oh man, my dinc is scarred and looks ugly

luckily, i called up verizon and said i just purchased the dinc online but forgot to add insurance, so the lady added it and now im paying $6/mo, so in a couple months i'll make a claim and get a new/crackless phone

phew!

at first i thought insurance was for suckers cuz at $6/mo thats $72/year wasted...but for a phone this expensive, and powerful, its worth it now!

Advertisement
  2. coalesce

coalesce Active Member

And now you know, and knowing is half the battle..

[​IMG]

3. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

She might not look like much but she's got it where it counts, kid. :D

4. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Well-Known Member

Buying insurance after your accident seems sketchy

5. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Yeah i added insurance last week a couple days after i got it. I figured since i'd be carrying it alot more than my last phone that you never know. And i want to keep it for the full duration of my contract (2yrs) and do not want to go back to my old dumb phone, so a little extra per month to insure i don't get stuck if something does happen is worth it. I absolutely love this phone and can't imagine being without it, so alittle protection is nessissary imo.

6. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Its within 30 days so theres nothing stopping him from doing it. I don't have a problem with it, not sure why you do.

odiej34 likes this.
  7. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

this has been beat to death...it's not sketchy however cosmetic damage is not covered under insurance...

8. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Well-Known Member

The plan to make a claim after x months in order to get a cosmetically better phone is in fact sketchy.

9. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

Would it kill you to post some pics!

10. sortsol

sortsol Active Member

I agree, it's probably sketchy and probably a bit dishonest.... That being said, I'd probably do the same thing, so I'm not going to judge.

11. crucifixion

crucifixion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

^^^ Well how about this...I won't make a claim unless I drop the phone again and it becomes more than cosmetically damaged? And I promise I won't drop it on purpose.

:)

12. 6s1d9

6s1d9 Member

I will probably get slammed for saying this but it's your phone, do what you want. If you want a new phone get one.

13. odiej34

odiej34 Well-Known Member

OR you could "LOSE" it. (hopefully the battery doesnt get lost with the phone and you then have an extra battery) Hopefully you wont lose it.;)

14. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

I don't care if it's sketchy or not. I'm not going to judge anyway. Perhaps the OP was just trying to warn us not to bypass insurance if we love this phone as he does. I've been on the fence and I think I just got pushed off it. One thing to remember is that not only must you pay $6 / mo but also $89 replacement fee.

15. 6s1d9

6s1d9 Member

UT-OH... did you just say??? I'm just going to sit this one out and watch the other members reply to this one.

16. 6s1d9

6s1d9 Member

I only pay $50.. Why are you paying $89 ?

17. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Are you sure? Asurion?

18. 6s1d9

6s1d9 Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Asurion. I can look into it and PM you once I make sure but yeah, with my moto q, blackberry storm all replacements have been $50.

19. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

The deductible pricing structure has changed - it is $89 to replace the Incredible.

20. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Old news. I had a BB pearl that I dropped in a bucket of water. (toilet) I was paying $5 / mo and paid $50 for a new one. The new contracts are $6 / mo and $89 for a new one. At least by me. But that's for smartphones, not LGs or regular phones.

21. 6s1d9

6s1d9 Member

OOHHHHH. Well in that case dont drop your phones guys!:D

22. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Yeah I've got the insurance just incase I loose it, or do something stupid or screw my phone up when root becomes available lol, My biggest thing is dropping my phone in water or jumping in pools with my phone still in my pocket , done it a few times. But luckly maybe it's the fact that I'm almost 30 now but it's been about 2years since doing anything to any of my phones.

23. Grey Lion

Grey Lion Member

technically you can add insurance up to within 30 days of getting the phone so I really wouldnt say youre being dishonest. circumstances just made you realize that you should get insurance, and luckily that fell within the 30 day period.