Dropped my s3 and black screen. What's the crack,Support

Last Updated:

1. Blenc1

Blenc1 Well-Known Member

Dropped my s3, a few hairline cracks on bottom left hand corner. Try and turn the phone on, I get welcome tune and LCD lights up but the screen remains black. What's the crack guys? Is it a trip to the repair shop or is there something I can do.

Cheers.

Advertisement
  2. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Well-Known Member

Sorry to read this it has happened to many others, get it fixed and maybe think of a protective case for it.;)
  3. Blenc1

Blenc1 Well-Known Member

It was wearing a case at the time, seems it just wasn't up to it.
  4. Galaxy Tab2 47

Oh then it must have just hit the spot of less protection, i have been told the glass is thin and can't take much stress.:eek:
  5. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this. What case were you using?
  6. Blenc1

Blenc1 Well-Known Member

It was a case that fits over the back cover, nothing hefty. It seems the phone is working, just no picture on the screen. Any ideas?
  7. Galaxy Tab2 47

Sadly I think you'r going to need a new screen Assy. And i am betting it will be along with the screen cost and the labor charge, along with the shipping both ways the total price will be close to the cost of a new phone. With the new S4 about to hit the stores, the sale price of a S3 could be your best bet.:rolleyes:
  8. Blenc1

Blenc1 Well-Known Member

Phone now up and running. Used the authorised Samsung repair centre, needed a new screen which cost me
  9. heat57

heat57 Well-Known Member