Dropped Phone, 1/2 the Keyboard Slider is Off.Support

Last Updated:

1. jcoolz

jcoolz New Member This Topic's Starter

I dropped my phone yesterday for the second story of my apartment complex. It hit the ground really hard, but landed on it's back. Everything seems to work perfect, except that one of the sliders (top keyboard slider) that connects the keyboard to the screen, bracket came off. A small piece broke off but it still looks like it can go back in the sliding area. Right now the keyboard is only sliding open from the bottom bracket. I can't seem to figure out how to slide this bracket that's on the keyboard back inside the sliding area on the back of the screen.

Anyone have any ideas or can help? I have had this phone since it came out and I don't have the protection plan. Not sure if sprint will fix this for me and how much it will cost, or if I can fix it on my own or if I will need to buy a new phone. But this thing isn't going to last much longer with the phone only being held in place and sliding with 1 slider.

:(

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

I can't help you with a fix, but Sprint used to charge a $100 "repair" charge to swap he unit out with a refurb. It's impressive that the phone is functional at all after a fall from that height. Good luck!

3. jcoolz

jcoolz New Member This Topic's Starter

i'm very impressed with this unit.. only thing i hate is the battery life and the keyboard isn't the best designed.

Over all i like my phone.

4. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

need pics to help, but I'd take it to sprint for a swap-out if you can afford it.

5. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

There is a thread somewhere on here with links to photos on how to take the phone apart. That may help you get it apart to put the slider back together. Damn tough phone to still work!

6. philpoe

philpoe Member

ebay seems to have repair kits for the Moment, which look like they include everything but the brains for < $100. Maybe a Sprint store would conduct the swap.

I looked for 'sprint moment repair' on ebay.

7. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member