• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dropped Phone, 1/2 the Keyboard Slider is Off.

jcoolz

Lurker
Jun 14, 2010
I dropped my phone yesterday for the second story of my apartment complex. It hit the ground really hard, but landed on it's back. Everything seems to work perfect, except that one of the sliders (top keyboard slider) that connects the keyboard to the screen, bracket came off. A small piece broke off but it still looks like it can go back in the sliding area. Right now the keyboard is only sliding open from the bottom bracket. I can't seem to figure out how to slide this bracket that's on the keyboard back inside the sliding area on the back of the screen.

Anyone have any ideas or can help? I have had this phone since it came out and I don't have the protection plan. Not sure if sprint will fix this for me and how much it will cost, or if I can fix it on my own or if I will need to buy a new phone. But this thing isn't going to last much longer with the phone only being held in place and sliding with 1 slider.

:(

ebay seems to have repair kits for the Moment, which look like they include everything but the brains for < $100. Maybe a Sprint store would conduct the swap.

I looked for 'sprint moment repair' on ebay.

I dropped my phone yesterday for the second story of my apartment complex. It hit the ground really hard, but landed on it's back. Everything seems to work perfect, except that one of the sliders (top keyboard slider) that connects the keyboard to the screen, bracket came off. A small piece broke off but it still looks like it can go back in the sliding area. Right now the keyboard is only sliding open from the bottom bracket. I can't seem to figure out how to slide this bracket that's on the keyboard back inside the sliding area on the back of the screen.

Anyone have any ideas or can help? I have had this phone since it came out and I don't have the protection plan. Not sure if sprint will fix this for me and how much it will cost, or if I can fix it on my own or if I will need to buy a new phone. But this thing isn't going to last much longer with the phone only being held in place and sliding with 1 slider.

:(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones