Dropped Phone, display dead.

Last Updated:

1. razorclose

razorclose Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I dropped my Droid today about a foot onto a carpeted floor, and upon picking it up, the screen no longer displays anything, but does respond to swiping to unlock, etc. :(
    Can someone post a picture of the Recovery menu(s) for factory data reset and wipe cache? would this even help, or maybe an SBF flash?
    Any help is much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

so, can you take a phone call or hear and incoming call.

a factory data reset and recovery menus work with software.. dropping a phone will not break software. it could break or jar loose hardware, but I would not go messing with and trying to erase software over a dropped phone breaking the display. plus, the recovery menu will be hard to use with no screen????

BTW, while the phone is on have you pulled the battery, put the battery back in and then tried to fire up phone?

3. razorclose

Yeah, well at least I could do audio a few minutes ago, now nothing of the sort works, not even receiving phone calls. I think the display, along with some other hardware parts are effed. It just seems to have died almost altogether in a very rapid fashion. :(

I did try pulling the battery numerous times, but to no avail.

4. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

from a 1 foot drop onto carpet???? come on dude, what "really" happened :)

did you try to put it on the charger - sure the battery is not dead? did you try to hook it to your computer and see if you can access the SD card?

5. razorclose

Haha, yeah, it really was only 1 foot! :eek:

I tried everything that I could think of, including both of those, but no success. I'm just gonna head over to Verizon and hash it out with them, see if I have an upgrade or anything :)