Dropped phone in waterSupport

1. imaballer023

imaballer023 Well-Known Member

Hi i dropped my optimus v in a running sink but i quickly grabbed it.i quickly put it in a sealed bag of rice and removed everything. After 24 hours, i removed it to test it out and and it worked but there is still some water under the screen that is visible with a white background. What can i do to remove the water from under the screen please help!

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. ZeroOne

ZeroOne Guest

put it in a humid area maybe in direct sunlight,hair dyer. i would not panic and wait till it dries its water i would advice you not use it till it does dry though my opinion.
  3. bubbalv29

bubbalv29 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do any of those. If the water damage sticker isn't already activated, putting the phone in a humid area is sure to set it off. Also, your phones manual most likely says NOT to ever leave your phone in direct sunlight. Using a hair dryer could damage your phone more than help. I would say your best bet is to slip it right back into that bag of rice until it dries completely.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

AndyOpie150 likes this.
  5. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Having used the bag of rice trick for other stuff I will say this. Change the rice daily. I had a bag of rice go moldy and that made things even worse than the water damage.
    stephanos likes this.
  6. imaballer023

imaballer023 Well-Known Member

I turned it o after being in rice for 2 days and some water stil appears to be under there against a white background. Should i refrain from turning it on for how long? i dont wanna risk ruining my phone by taking it apart so what should i do?? Please help i need my phone. Also the water sticker on my battery has already turned pink so what should i do?
    THanks
    Edit: I took it apart but found no water underneath or in the phone so I reassembled it and there still shows something under the screen.. What now?
  7. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

New screen? I think they can be purchased online.
  8. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

If the water sticker went off you didn't get it quick enough, why water was able to get into a place it can't easily get out.

Do you have stacks of papers that need holding down? ;)
  9. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

I spilt a cup of soda on mine last night dried it off with a towel... golden
  10. musiciansapp

musiciansapp Well-Known Member

my coworker did that to his blackberry (dropped it in water). he put the phone in rice and it dried up well and worked like a dream. he recently did it to his new phone (verizon person). he got a new one even if his old one still works.....i know it's not LG optimus but phones are phones
  11. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar Guide

New oem battery= no water sticker set off.
  12. edge

edge Well-Known Member

If it ets soaked, the sticker will activate, but your phone could still have a chance. I just saw something cool on my news feed today called the aqua dry bag aquadrybag.com I guess it dries out the moisture so your phone will work again. I may get one to try it out
    AndyOpie150 likes this.