Support Dropped phone in water

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by imaballer023, Mar 12, 2012.

1. imaballer023

imaballer023 Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Hi i dropped my optimus v in a running sink but i quickly grabbed it.i quickly put it in a sealed bag of rice and removed everything. After 24 hours, i removed it to test it out and and it worked but there is still some water under the screen that is visible with a white background. What can i do to remove the water from under the screen please help!

Thanks

Advertisement

2. ZeroOne

ZeroOne Guest

put it in a humid area maybe in direct sunlight,hair dyer. i would not panic and wait till it dries its water i would advice you not use it till it does dry though my opinion.

3. bubbalv29

bubbalv29 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2011
    None Currently
    USA
    I wouldn't do any of those. If the water damage sticker isn't already activated, putting the phone in a humid area is sure to set it off. Also, your phones manual most likely says NOT to ever leave your phone in direct sunlight. Using a hair dryer could damage your phone more than help. I would say your best bet is to slip it right back into that bag of rice until it dries completely.

AndyOpie150 likes this.
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Male
    Survival
    North Carolina
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
  5. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Worshipping Cthulhu
    Sietch Tabr
    Having used the bag of rice trick for other stuff I will say this. Change the rice daily. I had a bag of rice go moldy and that made things even worse than the water damage.

stephanos likes this.
  6. imaballer023

imaballer023 Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    I turned it o after being in rice for 2 days and some water stil appears to be under there against a white background. Should i refrain from turning it on for how long? i dont wanna risk ruining my phone by taking it apart so what should i do?? Please help i need my phone. Also the water sticker on my battery has already turned pink so what should i do?
    THanks
    Edit: I took it apart but found no water underneath or in the phone so I reassembled it and there still shows something under the screen.. What now?

7. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    New screen? I think they can be purchased online.

8. If the water sticker went off you didn't get it quick enough, why water was able to get into a place it can't easily get out.

Do you have stacks of papers that need holding down? ;)

9. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Aurora CO
    I spilt a cup of soda on mine last night dried it off with a towel... golden

10. musiciansapp

musiciansapp Well-Known Member

May 2, 2011
    Female
    stayin' alive
    USA
    my coworker did that to his blackberry (dropped it in water). he put the phone in rice and it dried up well and worked like a dream. he recently did it to his new phone (verizon person). he got a new one even if his old one still works.....i know it's not LG optimus but phones are phones

11. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar

May 18, 2011
    Male
    production assistant (pa), graphic artist
    Magrathea
    New oem battery= no water sticker set off.

12. edge

edge Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    If it ets soaked, the sticker will activate, but your phone could still have a chance. I just saw something cool on my news feed today called the aqua dry bag aquadrybag.com I guess it dries out the moisture so your phone will work again. I may get one to try it out

AndyOpie150 likes this.
Tags: