• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dropped phone...won't power up?

nsarlo

Lurker
Apr 30, 2011
Hey guys,

I've been browsing the forums for a few days trying to find an answer and haven't been able to come across anything similar to what I'm experiencing. Basically I dropped my Evo the other day getting out of the car. The phone face planted onto asphalt. The touch screen is cracked and webbed and the LCD would was blank.

Initially the phone still seemed to work besides the LCD...the orange light would go on when I plugged it in, the bottom home and search lights would light up when I pressed the power button. After taking my battery out however, nothing seems to work now. There is no light when the phone is plugged in (though the pc will still recognize the phone), and the bottom lights no longer come on. When I press and hold the power button the phone will vibrate once, and then nothing...and to get it to vibrate again I have to take the battery out.

I don't have insurance on the phone, and so I already know I'm in a predicament. Was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what might be wrong. At first when I thought it was the lcd I was prepared to buy and install a new one, but now that the phone is having power issues I wanted to make sure it was the LCD and that the phone wasn't just FUBAR. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Oh, and I've tried two different charged batteries on the phone with no luck.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones