Dropping calls in your house due to poor signal strength? Try this

Last Updated:

1. Slovak

Slovak Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was having issues with constant dropped calls from my house, which is in an area according to the Sprint coverage map that should have excellent coverage. I went to my Sprint store, which is a repair center, and they told me to go to menu>settings>Wireless controls>Mobile network settings>Roaming, and switch from Automatic to Sprint only. I did this, and have not dropped a call yet. The tech told me that depending on exactly where you are and where the nearest Sprint tower is compared to the nearest say Verizon tower, the phone will continuously try to switch between the two towers for the best signal when set to Automatic, and that can cause dropped calls, static calls etc. Ever since I switched this setting I have not dropped one single call or gotten any static, even with 0-1 bars for signal strength. He told me only use Automatic if you are in an area where your phone has no service due to no nearby Sprint tower.
    Hope this helps some of you that drop calls.

Advertisement
  2. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

Also call them and let them know you are getting poor signal strength. Twice when I've done that, I've alerted them to an unknown tower outage. Within 24hrs the signal was back to full. They've given me free credits & minutes on my account for calling and letting them know. :)

3. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I just ordered an airave unit and I went from 0 bars to full bars everywhere in my house including my basement. After a long discussion with acct services, I was able to get the unit for free and the monthly fees credited back to me each month.

4. checkers

checkers Active Member

I also bitched to Sprint about poor signal in my home. They did send me the Airave and it works great, they did it no charge , the unit and the monthly is free. I love it.