Dropping calls when connecting to wifiGeneral

Last Updated:

1. clemson77on

clemson77on Well-Known Member

I have a Verizon Samsung GNEX running Jelly Bean 4.2. I'm having an issue where if I'm on the phone driving home and pull into the driveway, my call will get dropped. Has anybody else experienced this?

2. clemson77on

Bumping because this is getting on my nerves. Is nobody else experiencing this issue?
  3. CharlzO

CharlzO Well-Known Member

To be honest, I never have been in a position where I would experience it. Usually don't talk much on the phone, but at the same time, anywhere I go, by the time I'm in range of a wifi I would connect to, I'm usually off the phone by then. I'll try to keep an eye out though, in case I can find an area that will let me test it.
  4. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

OP is this something new that has just started or has it been doing it since day one?

I had similar issues but it happened from day 1. One of the issues was due to the poor handoff of radios when within range of WiFi.

When this happens in your driveway what kind of signal do you get on your GNex?
  5. clemson77on

I've noticed it several times since I've had the phone. It always happens when I'm on the phone as I pull into my driveway and the phone connects to my home's WiFi. The handoff seems to be pretty good on my phone. As soon as I leave range of my WiFi, it locks onto 4g immediately. The signal in my driveway is poor to average.