Dropping calls when switching from HSDPA to 3G?Support

Last Updated:

1. 1981tom0

1981tom0 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I noticed my phone has a tendency to drop calls when switching from HSDPA to 3G. My phone dropped calls about 5 times today, so I thought I'd do a little test... I rang someone (display showing 3G) then refreshed my GoogleMail app (display went to H) to see if the call stayed connected... well... it dropped the call. I did the exact same thing again... dropped the call. I tried this about 5 or 6 times using different apps to basically put my phone in HSDPA mode and it is dropping the call when switching between 3G and HSDPA...

Is anyone else having this problem?

I am on 3, UK

Tom

p.s. my fix for the moment is to disable all background data updates so hopefully the phone will not try accessing the internet whilst i'm on a call.

Advertisement
  2. 1981tom0

Well, disabling background data doesn't help.... I have now disabled my mobile data connection - i'm back to turning it on when I need to access the net.

3. fast eddy

fast eddy Active Member

A couple of people have had this problem too ( there's a thread on here somewhere ) i had the problem & took the phone back to the CPW, they swopped it for another & i have not had the problem since.

4. 1981tom0

This problem has gone away after I did a "hard reset" of the phone - taking the battery and sim card out, then switching it on again. If the problem comes back I will re-post here.

5. 1981tom0

Problem is back! Just a bit more info - today it happened multiple times. I have tried doing a factory reset, but the problem still persists. I tested it as soon as the phone had rebooted without downloading any new apps or anything. I placed a call to my friend who is also on 3 and got cut off three times after doing the following:

1. Opening the Market
    2. Downloading the update to GoogleMaps
    3. Opening GoogleMaps and waiting for the map data to update

(these are just three examples of what caused the disconnection following the reboot - other apps have caused a disconnection previously. I dont think the problem is app related, but something to do with HSDPA/3G connection during calls)

6. chrisblindin

chrisblindin New Member

Hi Tom,
    Did you ever fix this problem, my HD does the same thing every time the network indicator changes from 3G to H. Dropping most calls now and battling with the call centre (on 3 in UK too).
    Cheers, CB