Dropping out of 3g

Last Updated:

1. rwmoon

rwmoon Member This Topic's Starter

Since I have rooted my phone has been dropping out of 3g constantly. Sometimes I can go into airplane mode and back out and it fixes the problem, however most times the airplane mode just hangs and does nothing. I rooted and am using Virtuous Rom 3.1 I think. My co-worker who also has an Incredible mentioned that he received an update that required him to call the programming line. Could this be why I am having trouble and if it is how can I fix it? I don't think I can call the line since I am rooted can I?

Advertisement
  2. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

hos long were you unrooted to compare this too? jw, hopefully can get this solvwed, i need a refurb cos of this once.

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

You can try *228 doesn't matter if you are rooted

4. rwmoon

rwmoon Member This Topic's Starter

I've had this phone since Incredible's came out, don't remember how long ago it was. I really just wanted to know if I could still use the *228 feather. Just did it, and it seems like it's working better.

5. Bob Newhart

Bob Newhart New Member

Hey Folks!

I have the same problem. My 3g keeps dropping out after I rooted and installed some fonts with ROMToolbox. I tried the *228 and it will work for a while.

Should I try to flash the original ROM back on? Any ideas?

Thanks and have a great New Years!

Dave