• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Drops / redirects

Paraflier

Sep 27, 2010
Pierce County, WA
Anyone else's Bionic acting uppity??

Starting today, my Bionic has taken to dropping ALL signal periodically. (not just data, but the entire signal strength indicator is the dark grey, no bars) Then the Light Grey 3G hangs on for a bit then Light Grey 4G, then it locks in blue.

Also when using the web, I will navigate to a page, but get redirected to a different page.

I have "GPS Status" an add-on app I use for the 'radar' function that now suddenly fires up and runs in the background and it never has before. And I have had this app forever....

Almost sounds like a virus. I have Lookout, but from what I an tell, it is mostly for your apps.

Any definitive way to tell what the heck is going on? I have had ZERO troubles since the ICS upgrade till today.

If there is some malware, or a virus, would an FDR take care of it?

Thanks, Thom. I was thinking that too.

Last night, I did a Google image search for a funny mistletoe picture and downloaded it to the phone. (Yeah, yeah, rookie mistake, I know)

After I posted my question, I went into file manager, and deleted the picture. Then the problem cleared itself up after another restart.

Coincidence? Perhaps. Maybe the tower got back up and running, or there was EVIL in the picture I downloaded and it tried to get to the phone and make it do bad things.

Either way, it seems to have worked itself out... So yeah. Don't steal pictures. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones