• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Drowned my droid

gmermel

Nov 15, 2009
Failed to dry out so need a new one. I have my sd card and wonder (so I'll know what I'm in for when I get home):

Does the sd card hold my broken phone's settings/apps? Or am I going to have to start from scratch?

If I have to start all over, what happens with my paid apps when I go to reload them?
Thanks.

I don't think the apps will automatically download after signing into the new phone, but when you open the market, you can press the menu button and then press "downloads." This should bring up a list of all of the apps you've paid for and all of the ones you had on your phone at the time it went down. Some apps seem to save data on the SD card and others will be totally fresh.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. I got the phone. Contacts, favorites, music and pictures all loaded. I did have to redownload all my apps, but interestingly the ones I paid for showed up as "purchased" and downloaded without any issues.

I'm definitely going to get that appcontrol. I don't intend to kill this phone, but backups are always important....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones